Keeping Ets Going in Kate's memory

• Staff

*** I'm cross posting this from the staff section so our regulars and addicts and probies have a heads up of server situation ***

As it saddens me enough to hear the news of our beloved kate, topcat and I have been in some discussion.

Before kate started chemo she gave me all the info for the servers, just incase we had issues.

With that  being said, the servers will most likely  be offline at the next payment cycle next month.

With the amount of time and effort over the years kate has put into this community I would hate for it to go away.

To me I feel the need to continue the servers and community in her honor/memory.  

We are thinking just running ONE server off my dedicated machine ( since i still have it anyways ) which will be identical to our Main Silent server ( as I have access to all the files etc for the current servers ) once the current servers expire. 

*** I will cover server cost and maintenance and adding maps etc.  The website and forums portion is still in the works. ***

Hopefully you all feel the same as me about keeping this community alive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

I will absolutely support any effort to keep at least one server alive!
Indeed @-Silky., She needs to be remembered for as long as we can hold on..!

Using your server is a quick and clean way to do so, and I will be happy to back you up financially, or any other way .
But we have to take some things into account:
- What about the forum... It's hosted at the same place as the main server is now, not? Can we get a backup and self host?
- We should get control over the ets-clan.com DNS name.
      This is something I could easily do, but to do that we need the domain authorization key from the current hoster.
      There is no need for him to keep a hold on it, but we do need his cooperation for this to happen smooth and quick.
- Besides the forum, most discussions we had were on another channel. Up to now Kate, Top and me were always online with Skype for that, so...

I really hope we can regroup and get this working!

Bier

• Like 3

• Ets|Members

I made a small donation to the link listed on the main page last night. It wasn't much since I am looking to buy a house soon. But I can contribute what i can.

Kate would be really proud of you guys right now!!

• Like 3

• Ets|Members
9 hours ago, PsychoPappy 4 said:

I can host servers if need be, i have a machine that can do that.

I just don't know how to make a redirect server.

I'll be around if you need help with anything, including running and configuring servers.

I’ve got you mate - give me a shout i can either host on my vps or i can host the redirect. I’ve got enough space for the 3 servers

• Like 2

• Ets|Members

We need a more ‘instant form’ of messaging - I genuinely think that we should put the resources into discord instead.

servers are free and they’ve got voice/video capabilities, if you’ve never used it think of a forum but not as analogue

• Like 2

• Staff
11 hours ago, Bier said:

- What about the forum... It's hosted at the same place as the main server is now, not? Can we get a backup and self host?
- We should get control over the ets-clan.com DNS name.
      This is something I could easily do, but to do that we need the domain authorization key from the current hoster.
      There is no need for him to keep a hold on it, but we do need his cooperation for this to happen smooth and quick.
- Besides the forum, most discussions we had were on another channel. Up to now Kate, Top and me were always online with Skype for that, so...

I really hope we can regroup and get this working!

Bier

Domain:

ets-clan.com

Registrar:

Moniker Online Services LLC

Registered On:

2019-09-04

Expires On:

2024-09-04

Updated On:

2023-09-05

Domain name ets-clan.com seems to expire 9/4/2024

When it expires we will pick it back up so we can keep the same domain name after it expires in September of 2024 . And as far has the forums it's hosted by hellreturn ( owner of f|a ) from what he verified to me and topcat on discord so we can keep the forums. 

• Like 2

• Staff

@PsychoPappy 4

@syK

Thanks for the offers to help with servers. The servers will be  taken care of and a redirect.  We will be using my dedicated server. All I have to do at this point is switch server config from my tactical hardcore config to Kate's main server config.  ( this will be done a few days before current servers expire so I can grab the database file from current main server for everyone's XP and admin levels )

And @syK someone made a ets discord channel awhile ago. We could always make another one and use it as well as the forums.  We're trying to keep the forums since it has alot of work and time put into it from kate and has all her old post's etc ( kind of a memorial type thing  )

• Like 2

• Staff

Hellreturn has been helping us out greatly with helping figure a way to get the domain transferred and tracking down info. 

February site/forum costs are due. If anyone would like to help donate for February costs here's his info:

Paypal id:  [email protected]

(for feb month - 30$ pls.)

And he also covered January 19th- February 19th server costs. If anyone would like to help repay him , same PayPal info as above. ( which would be January 9th- February 9th with how reliablesite.net payment system is.

• Like 1

• Ets|Members
15 minutes ago, -Silky. said:

Hellreturn has been helping us out greatly with helping figure a way to get the domain transferred and tracking down info. 

February site/forum costs are due. If anyone would like to help donate for February costs here's his info:

Paypal id:  [email protected]

(for feb month - 30$ pls.)

And he also covered January 19th- February 19th server costs. If anyone would like to help repay him , same PayPal info as above. ( which would be January 9th- February 9th with how reliablesite.net payment system is.

whats the open balance at the moment, is that twice 30 dollars? did i understand that correctly?

• Like 1

• Staff

Forum costs are $30 a month. February's balance is due. 

And then recurring $30 a month for the forums 

The month that hellreturn covered the servers for via reliablesite.net is $110.

( if you donate to cover our current balance, please put a note in with the payment for what it's for please. (PM me or post here if you donate so we can keep track of it please)

After that balance is settled the only cost would be the forums/website a month.  

I'll cover the server costs once the current servers expire since we will be using my dedicated server.

• Like 1

• Ets|Members
17 minutes ago, -Silky. said:

The month that hellreturn covered the servers for via reliablesite.net is $110.

$110 for servers is wild honestly - way too expensive.

That being said its for a good cause, let me know where to send payment to and ill shoot it across over the weekend

Edited by syK

• Ets|Members

I have paid the forum costs for February and send a partial repayment for the fronted costs. 

Forum costs 30 - 30 = 0

Covered month 110 - 50 = 60

Leaving an open balance of 60 USD.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Administrators

Guys pleaase dont donate to the current paypal link on forum, it goes to kate but she is not here so the money will go to waste. I dont think her husband knows her paypal. I did mention it to him but dont know if he saw it. Still waiting for his reply. Further payment from now is going to our hoster, but no need to donate more than needed so we need some cordination. Also when donating maybe put in the name ETS so he knows where the money is for. I'll have to see if we can change the paypal link on the main forum.

• Like 2

• Staff
46 minutes ago, Topcat said:

Guys pleaase dont donate to the current paypal link on forum, it goes to kate but she is not here so the money will go to waste. I dont think her husband knows her paypal. I did mention it to him but dont know if he saw it. Still waiting for his reply. Further payment from now is going to our hoster, but no need to donate more than needed so we need some cordination. Also when donating maybe put in the name ETS so he knows where the money is for. I'll have to see if we can change the paypal link on the main forum.

Yes make sure to use this PayPal and add a note for what it's for please

Paypal ID:   fearless.assassins@gmail.com

*** Total amount owed now is $60 of the original $140*** 

Thank you @Napoleon for you're awesome donation of $80 sir!

• Like 2

hellreturn.comme  marianne messaged me this on facebook  at 12:01 est. 1 22 24 . i looked at when i was sleeping and forgot she sent me a message. i had no idea what she was sayin until now.   

• Staff

thx for  inf money  now i wait but ,  im there np i can...  when the inf  money is wright   . im w you all  ets clan 

and now i want to  say you    ...kate she is  always there ., Because we remenber .. now  take your place ... 

• Like 2

• Administrators
17 hours ago, RICO said:

hellreturn.comme  marianne messaged me this on facebook  at 12:01 est. 1 22 24 . i looked at when i was sleeping and forgot she sent me a message. i had no idea what she was sayin until now.   

She send you this on 12-01 or ?

• Administrators
9 hours ago, BEDARIUS said:

thx for  inf money  now i wait but ,  im there np i can...  when the inf  money is wright   . im w you all  ets clan 

and now i want to  say you    ...kate she is  always there ., Because we remenber .. now  take your place ... 

Yes maybe wait for now, we will se about paypal if we keep using the FA hoster paypal or use another one.

• Moderators

Put me in the loop too if more funds are needed to keep up the hosting.
I got lost about the tally, but if anyone knows if anything is still due, let me know...

• Topcat unpinned this topic
9 hours ago, Topcat said:

She send you this on 12-01 or ?

she sent it on facebook jan 22 2024 at 12:01 am  the same way we have messaged since facebook was a thing. so i dunno.

Edited by RICO

• Administrators
15 hours ago, RICO said:

she sent it on facebook jan 22 2024 at 12:01 am  the same way we have messaged since facebook was a thing. so i dunno.

Thats really strange since she passed away on january 19, also not sure what hellreturn.comme is about. He is our server hoster but what did she want to say with this. Unless it was her husband who send it, but still very strange.