Related to health

• Staff

I often had tinnitus due to post-traumatic stress and panic attacks... I hope that's not your case. something else it could be pressure... or you listen to music too loud... the sound of your work environment after several years of work. I hope this answers your question. age also could be the case. It is best to consult your doctor if it persists. good luck.. in general it doesn't matter

• Like 2

• Staff

Sorry to hear that @BEDARIUS, that sounds rough.

@Vixda I know it exists, after a quick read up there seems no known treatment for this, but the causes of tinnitus can vary like Bedarius said. So it's hard to say where the problem is rooted. Tinnitus in itself is a very annoying problem, but it won't affect your health much aside from having to deal with annoying ringing. Seconding Bedarius, consult a doctor if it persists if you can.

I vaguely recall, but not sure from where, that people with tinnitus like to sleep with a recording of something else to drown out the annoying noise if it affects your sleep. So that might be something in the meantime if you're suffering from it.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Vixda said:

Have anyone here ever suffered from Tinnitus? (Ear ringing)

I have had one time after using my airpods, one time I was testing a movie and watched maybe 10-15 mins, I was testing the spacial sound that creates a surround like sound, I dont know maybe I played to loud or the sounds from the action movie was causing it. Luckily it went away after a couple of weeks. Today I had slight high frequency sound on my right ear, but seems a little better now. It can come and go. I dont know if you use airpods or something like that, if you do be aware how loud you have the volume.

• Ets|Members

It started since a week ago, just in the right ear. The only antecedent was that w week ago,  I had an ear irrigation since my ears had too much wax but apart from that, nothing more. Idk, at first it stressed me a lot and right now I'm waiting the appointment with the othorhino 

i have heard from friends it comes and goes but like alot of things you kinda get used to it . but when it first happens its more scary.

• Staff

i have it for years... ues to come and go but now al time..like rico said you get use't to it but times it makes hard to hear some one talk..

thay say hearing aids help with it if you got it all time

I have suffered Ménière's disease for more than 20 years now. It is like Tinnitus but 2 or 3 levels up, and yes you get used to it, you HAVE to. I have a buzz and a ring in my right ear 24/7. I am dizzy all the time but sometimes it gets worse and you go to an episode. 

On 5/19/2024 at 9:44 AM, Vixda said:

Have anyone here ever suffered from Tinnitus? (Ear ringing)

I will suggest you to check it before it gets worse. We tend, when young, to think things will fix by themselves and this does not work all the time. So please go and check your ears. Trust me, you will avoid some suffering.

Mav

• Ets|Members

I had an appointment with the audiologist. They didn't find anything different, my hearing is still the same but the tinnitus still continues. I haven't sleep well recently

• Ets|Members
Posted (edited)

I have an appointment with my ENT week, hopefully I'll find the cause of the tinnitus because I'm getting tired of it

Edited by Vixda
Bad written
  • Like 1

• Staff
On 5/23/2024 at 9:16 PM, Vixda said:

I have an appointment with my ENT week, hopefully I'll find the cause of the tinnitus because I'm getting tired of it

It seems a week's gone by, have you seen your ENT? Any news?

• Ets|Members

3 week with tinnitus, no hearing loss and the ENT told me that probably is tmj (Temporomandibular joint dysfunction ) this week I had an appointment to see if that's the problem but idk. Sometimes the tone comes worse and other times is soft and is almost not existent

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Vixda said:

3 week with tinnitus, no hearing loss and the ENT told me that probably is tmj (Temporomandibular joint dysfunction ) this week I had an appointment to see if that's the problem but idk. Sometimes the tone comes worse and other times is soft and is almost not existent

Really sorry to hear that, hope they can find out what is wrong and help you feel better.