In loving memory of Kate

I haven't posted on these forums or played the game in years. I used to play for years on the WF / ETS servers and was a member of the clan mostly because I loved the community. The gameplay was almost secondary. And McBeth/Bethy/kate/Marianne was integral to keeping the servers fun and engaging, keeping things running smoothly. We had tons of fun and ideas for making things interesting. Less hard-core and more about the fun! A Way for Fun, if you will (lol). Goddamn was she passionate about the game and keeping it lively but fair for everyone! And she herself was a lot of fun! I have much respect for who she was. A lot of my detailed memories of those times have faded but a lot of good ones remain with me and I at times have strong nostalgia for those days. And Kate was a huge part of that. Without her, I wouldn't have had my little safe social space in ET. I met a lot of great people on the servers because of her. She will be greatly missed. My condolences to everyone in the clan, servers, and her family. 

Edited by Gump
  • Like 8
  • Sad 1

It's been a long time since our last conversation. While I couldn't get to know her better, I always knew she was a remarkably kind and friendly person.

She strived to make this community better. A few years ago, she asked me for help in this regard. I feel ashamed that I couldn't fulfill all her requests.

My thoughts and condolences go out to her family and friends during this difficult time.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

I was so sorry to hear about this, could hardly believe it.

I'm relatively new and playing for fun. I glad for all the times when Kate was on when I was also playing.

It's been always obvious how important Kate has been to the server and every on it. She is probably a big reason for the quality of the people who play here.

Prayers and peace to Kate, her family, and everyone.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Oh, wow. The forum email went into my spam folder, so I didn't read this news until now. It's really sad. I came back to the game about a year and a half ago after so many years off. I didn't even know if there would be servers at all, never mind servers with real people still on them. I only had a few occasions to talk with Kate, but it always seemed like she really loved the clan/game. She was always super nice to me. Wondered why some rando was harassing me one day. Must have seen it in the logs, or something, because it was a while after the fact. She even invited me to join the clan a couple times. Not really sure why I didn't...

Really tragic loss.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

• Ets|Members

Hello everyone, I haven't been able to connect to the game in a while. Many things have happened to me recently, I had a daughter, and that completely changed my world and my obligations.

As soon as I heard this sad news through the email, I was very surprised, since I did not know Kate's situation.
I write today to say goodbye to an extraordinary being, someone who illuminated our lives in unique and memorable ways. I will always fondly remember the moment she invited me to be part of this clan, a gesture that not only defined our virtual friendship, but also created memories.

It was evident that her passion for the game went beyond the games, as she built and maintained a clan that transcended virtual borders to become a true family for some. Every laugh shared, every game played and every victory obtained became moments of happiness for me and I would like to think that for the rest as well.

Although today we are overcome by the sadness of her departure, we also celebrate the joy of having shared happy moments in her company.

Rest in peace Kate. I will always remember you with gratitude and affection.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

This is truly heartbreaking news to discover just now!  Kate was an extremely respected member of the ET community and an even stronger human. 
May she be at rest and in the best of places now. 

Nothing I can say to ease the pain you all are feeling at the moment, but I do wish you all to find great strength in this time of sorrow. 

May we all find peace in the fond memories shared with Kate. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

haha i love to see she nagged others if you didnt play for a couple of days. she would always message me Rico  you stopped to play with us?? i would fire back dont worry im busy or on vacation.  it was called mcbeths home then rar then wf and now ets. so many years of marianne ,mcbeth,kate . i thought of her as another mother or close family member. she kept her illness close to herself as most of her personal life. but i have made it a point over the last year to tell her how much i appreciate  all she has done for us all.  she was so happy when dennis/half  started to play again she would message me when he was on so i could log on too.  always watchin  always listening .  i will forever miss my 3am or 4am messages  when im tryin to sleep lol. RIP my friend you will be thought of often. 

Edited by RICO
  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

• Ets|Members

I am so saddened by this news... and I felt really bad for writing this so late.

I am deeply sorry and my condolences go out to Kate and her family. I didn't get to talk to her much but Kate always wrote a message if I were absent for a long time. Kate was a very kind person and thanks to her I started to play more ET.

Thank you for everything Kate.

Descansa en paz Kate

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Ets|Members

I did not know Kate well, but the few times I spoke to her it was obvious she was extremely special.  

She was kind and welcoming.  

As an example, she reached out to me about the birth of my first child!   I thought, wow how did she even know? 

My deepest condolences to her family and friends.  

Rest in peace Kate.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Ets|Members

This is very sad news.  I haven't played for a couple years, but she was so welcoming to me when I revisited ET after many years gone.  I've wanted to jump back on, and it was specifically because I remembered how nice and helpful Kate was to me.  My condolences to her family, both IRL and on this server and the ET community.

:classic_sad:

Tim

• Ets|Members

Words are difficult to let go ... along with you all, I am of course deeply saddened with Kate's passing.

She was a genuinely nice person and I wish I had spent more time with her ... makes me regret having been away for quite a while. At first I came for the server and its XP save ... but I (and my buddy Bouliche) stayed for Kate.

I'd talk to her in French and even knowing I was also French, she would reply in English for some weird reason haha, but that's the way it was.

Repose en paix Marianne, tu seras regrettée, mais jamais oubliée...

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I‘m very sad to hear this. I don’t know anyone who is/was so dedicated to this game as Kate. Although not playing anymore since many years, I always tried to support this community with my maps. And kate was an integral part that played an essential role in communicating what folks want (or don’t want) to have in the maps I made. Her passing leaves a gap that can’t be filled. My deepest condolences to all who knew her. I have no words….

• Like 4