Keeping Ets Going in Kate's memory

• Staff

She never liked it when i put in ,but i got it top if you need it ,  I'll pay it all if i have too for Her.. i don't know how to do the serv. part but i can pay for it all just to keep the serv  up and running for Bethy.....:ZZZZZZZZ:

• Like 2

• Staff
1 hour ago, DirkPitt said:

I'd like to know where to send in money...just don't want it stuck somewhere else. send me a link or a message on how to donate. 

Silky posted this info earlier in the thread

Hellreturn has been helping us out greatly with helping figure a way to get the domain transferred and tracking down info. 

February site/forum costs are due. If anyone would like to help donate for February costs here's his info:

Paypal id:  [email protected]

(for feb month - 30$ pls.)

And he also covered January 19th- February 19th server costs. If anyone would like to help repay him , same PayPal info as above. ( which would be January 9th- February 9th with how reliablesite.net payment system is.

I think it was also mentioned that if you donate to Paypal id:  [email protected] that you make a note that the money is for ETS/Kate.

-2MH

• Like 1

• Staff

As 2mh mentioned the info has been posted. But just so everyone knows....

Website fees are $30 a month. Napoleon covered February's website cost. 

Server fees were $110 for the reliablesite.net server/machine that kate was paying for. Napoleon also covered $50 of this balance.

** So a balance of $60 is still owed, out of the total of $140. **

Paypal id: [email protected]

( if you donate to cover our current balance, please put a note in with the payment for what it's for please like Ets| Server or something. (PM me or post here if you donate so we can keep track of it please)

After the remainder server balance of $60 is settled the only cost would be the forums/website a month.

PLEASE  NOTE: Paypal id: [email protected] is just being used to cover what fees were covered by Alex aka hellreturn for us. Which was forum costs for February at $30 and January 19th - February 19th server cost at $110. So a big thanks to him for doing so.

Second Note: Game Server will be moved to my dedicated server to cut down on costs as $110 a month for a machine where we will be running one server off of wont be needed.

Hopefully this helps clarify our remainder balance of the fronted services provided by Alex/Hellreturn 

• Like 2

• Administrators
15 hours ago, HAL 9000 said:

Hey guys, I just paid the $60 balance to [email protected] on PayPal.  If we want to keep the original servers running, I will commit to paying the entire $110 per month if you want do that.

That would be great but are you sure ? It is a lot of money.

• Like 2

• Staff

HAL,, I'LL split it with ya or like i told top i would pay it too.. I have no-problem in paying,, Top is there any way to put the donate site back up on this our site?

• Like 3

• Staff
11 hours ago, halfy said:

HAL,, I'LL split it with ya or like i told top i would pay it too.. I have no-problem in paying,, Top is there any way to put the donate site back up on this our site?

Change the link to point to someone else's PayPal account?

-2MH

• Like 1

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Two Minutes Hate said:

Change the link to point to someone else's PayPal account?

-2MH

Yes will do that when we put the donation box back up, just need the paypal id from Silky.

• Like 1

• Administrators
19 hours ago, HAL 9000 said:

It's not a problem.  I've already been donating $100 every month for years.  So, just tell me where to send the money and how much.  $110 or $140 is not a stretch for me.

Our server hoster said that 110$ was already too much and that we would be able to do it cheaper, not sure if he means through another hoster or something waiting for his reply regarding that. He said it was kates wish to pay 110$ and do it this way. He said we should be able to do it for 60$ with all 3 servers included.

• Like 2

• Staff
3 hours ago, Topcat said:

Our server hoster said that 110$ was already too much and that we would be able to do it cheaper, not sure if he means through another hoster or something waiting for his reply regarding that. He said it was kates wish to pay 110$ and do it this way. He said we should be able to do it for 60$ with all 3 servers included.

If we run just ONE game server off my machine this will put TOTAL costs of SERVER and WEBSITE to roughly $50 a month.  I have enough IP's and storage space to run 5 servers or more if we really wanted too.

For one game server I can cancel the extra IP's / ip block to get the costs of server and forums to $50 a month if we run just one game server.

I'm ready to go if you all are, I just renewed the dedicated server this week.  Just need to know if we're just running the main server or all 3 servers. XP and Admin levels will be transferred from current servers as I have access to the FTP for the current servers.

• Like 2

• Staff
2 hours ago, -Silky. said:

If we run just ONE game server off my machine this will put TOTAL costs of SERVER and WEBSITE to roughly $50 a month.  I have enough IP's and storage space to run 5 servers or more if we really wanted too.

For one game server I can cancel the extra IP's / ip block to get the costs of server and forums to $50 a month if we run just one game server.

I'm ready to go if you all are, I just renewed the dedicated server this week.  Just need to know if we're just running the main server or all 3 servers. XP and Admin levels will be transferred from current servers as I have access to the FTP for the current servers.

As long as the quality of the game play isn't compromised by going cheaper, I think we're all fine with it.  Would be nice to know why Kate insisted on doing it this way - she may have had her reasons.  If others want to keep the other servers going, I'm good with that too.  Is there any way to check on how much they were utilized?  Either way, I am ready to go with this plan, with or without anyone else's support - but I know there are others who want to contribute something.  I think everyone deserves a chance to feel like they are contributing to something meaningful - but I think just showing up and being present contributes more than money.  And if we can keep the memory of Kate alive by maintaining a server where everyone feels welcome and respected, then we have done a good thing.  I will commit to guaranteeing that we won't ever fall short if the donations dry up.  Lets pull the trigger on it.

• Like 2

• Administrators

Yes if more people donate you can just donate smaller amount each, like 10 - 20$ or so, then 50$ will be reached in no time. We can always post here if money is needed, and maybe post here if you donate bigger amount than 20$ so that people doesnt donate more than needed. It's not a big deal if donation goes a little over 50$, they can always be used for the next month.

The new paypal will be up soon so you can donate through the donation box on the right side of main forum as before, it's down right now but will be up and visible as soon as I have the new paypal email info.

• Like 3

• Administrators

The donation box is up again on the top right side of the forum, it's updated with the new paypal address so it's ready for donations. If we keep just the main server we shold be able to keep cost around 50-60$ for site and server according to Silky,

• Like 2

• Staff
1 hour ago, DirkPitt said:

Well hopefully my donation has gone through...ETS $100.00 Canadian( $72.00? US ).

Donation Received USD: $71.21

Paypal fee: -$3.62

Total: $67.59

Transaction Id: 9G43808354102514F

• Like 3

• Staff
51 minutes ago, -Silky. said:

Donation Received USD: $71.21

Paypal fee: -$3.62

Total: $67.59

Transaction Id: 9G43808354102514F

Silky, maybe you can post the balance here and what day of the month it's due so we have an idea of what to donate and when.  It would be nice if the donation box percentage of goal reached bar actually worked.  I'm going to post another $50 right now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Staff
26 minutes ago, HAL 9000 said:

Silky, maybe you can post the balance here and what day of the month it's due so we have an idea of what to donate and when.  It would be nice if the donation box percentage of goal reached bar actually worked.  I'm going to post another $50 right now.

Donation Received USD: $50

Paypal fee: -$1.92

Total: $49.06

Topcat is working on the donation box. To see if we can set the goal percentage at a monthly, quarterly, or yearly amount or whatnot to display the goal amount percentage reached.  

Website is billed per month, so say  ie: March is paid by March 1st 2024, for March 2024. And April is paid by April 1st for April 2024, respectively.

Game Server would be pretty much the same as it's payment commitment is the 4th of each month. 

As of now funds are met through June 1st 2024 for server and forums. 

Total Funds: $115.65

• Like 2

• Administrators
12 hours ago, HAL 9000 said:

Yes im not sure about the donation box, the goal was set at 1000, but I didnt see any option to have this goal reset every month, it would have been nice cause then people could see how much that had been donated and if the goal had been reached for each month. Will look more into this and see if there is a way it can be reset on the 1st of every motnh.

• Like 1