This is what manually updating Windows 7 looks like (November 2023)

PsychoPappy 4

• Staff

manualupdating.jpg.7e85bfc0315694afd1a9053180694c7c.jpg

I manually download the updates for Windows Embedded POSReady 7 (listed as for Windows Embedded Standard 7) from the Microsoft Update Catalog, and use them to update Windows 7 using the Windows Update Standalone Installer (WUSA) as the updates are fully compatible.

This also requires the use of BypassESUv12 since these are Extended security updates, works like a charm!

• Staff

@Bier Well, it is just one computer after all. :p

i'll reluctantly depart Windows 7 as my main OS when i get a new computer, which may happen soon.

if i had to however, i'll be good on security patches until October 2024, for both Windows 7 and Firefox.

Firefox ended feature support for Windows 7 through 8.1 with version 115 so i'm now on the ESR Channel, which 115.x esr will be supported until September 2024.

As time goes on though, living on Windows 7 will get harder and harder, and harder as software stops supporting it.