What the actual FUCK!?

• Staff

Yeah...
It started with W95, then W98, then WME, WXP, W7 etc... Average 3 years apart...

I did hear them say once W10 would be the last Windows version. Only updates from now on and no new versions anymore.

• Staff
12 hours ago, Tutox said:

Ooo fuck, what the hell man, they are making windows every 3 years, wtf

11 hours ago, Bier said:

Yeah...
It started with W95, then W98, then WME, WXP, W7 etc... Average 3 years apart...

I did hear them say once W10 would be the last Windows version. Only updates from now on and no new versions anymore.

Yeah, i thought Windows 10 would eventually be named just "Windows" and just keep getting updates, but NOPE!

i guess Microsoft is giving up on Windows 10, and probably throwing back into the 3 year release cycle or Releasing new major updates once a year like apple does.

- Windows 12, coming in 2022! :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

My second opinion on this is that it's going to create another Windows Vista-type situation, because it needs TPM 2.0 and mandates Secure Boot, which not every computer has a UEFI BIOS or the capability of Secure Boot, that means hardware older than 3 years will not work on Windows 11, which i call BS on that.

as for Windows 11 Home, stay away from it since it requires an internet connection to set up since you must have a Microsoft account and that is complete bullshit, if i want to set up my next PC offline or online that's my own god damn business.

• Ets Probies and Friends
On 6/29/2021 at 2:19 AM, PsychoPappy 4 said:

My second opinion on this is that it's going to create another Windows Vista-type situation, because it needs TPM 2.0 and mandates Secure Boot, which not every computer has a UEFI BIOS or the capability of Secure Boot, that means hardware older than 3 years will not work on Windows 11, which i call BS on that.

as for Windows 11 Home, stay away from it since it requires an internet connection to set up since you must have a Microsoft account and that is complete bullshit, if i want to set up my next PC offline or online that's my own god damn business.

waht? My pc has UEFI and is now nearly celebrating its 9th year of existence.

No... again? First they made office into 365 with a subscription basis and now 11 is going for online? I don;t want to link a remote account to my pc anymore then my emails already tie my being to my pc... Like the telemetry theft that they fucked everyone with for 10 wasn't enough.

• Staff
On 7/1/2021 at 4:01 PM, Napoleon said:

waht? My pc has UEFI and is now nearly celebrating its 9th year of existence.

No... again? First they made office into 365 with a subscription basis and now 11 is going for online? I don;t want to link a remote account to my pc anymore then my emails already tie my being to my pc... Like the telemetry theft that they fucked everyone with for 10 wasn't enough.

Exactly napes, they want MOAR!!!!