Jump to content

I want to publish a map that I made so that alphabetical orders are not enabled


Recommended Posts

  • Ets Probies and Friends

You will have to reword your question.

So I understand you want to pusblish a map that you made, so thats your first sentence. whats your question about alphabetical order ? Which download (folder) the one from windows or ET?

To better help you its also best if we can understand why you want this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 5/5/2021 at 6:21 PM, lauriston-123 said:

Hello, how are you? I would like to publish a map that I created so that the alphabetical orders of create to put in the download are not enabled, why would it be?

If you want your map to feature last in the map list of an 'etmain' folder you must rename the map '.pk3' file to something such as:

z_mapname.pk3

Naming your map like this will result in it being last to appear in the list.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wonder how that would help a map? It‘s not the name that matters, but the name should of course be chosen so that folks remember it. Other than that, there are more important things that make a map good or bad :)

but new maps are generally always welcone

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/23/2021 at 2:36 PM, Teuthis said:

I wonder how that would help a map?

I don't know about it helping a map in any way, Teuthis, but what I do know is that if you have a lot of maps in your 'etmain' folder the map textures can be changed by the textures contained in other maps that come after yours alphabetically.

OnkleBob from the ETc Clan named his previous map release in this way in order to avoid that from happening. He wanted to guarantee that none of the textures would be changed by other maps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
1 minute ago, Wolf Enstein said:

I don't know about it helping a map in any way, Teuthis, but what I do know is that if you have a lot of maps in your 'etmain' folder the map textures can be changed by the textures contained in other maps that come after yours alphabetically.

OnkleBob from the ETc Clan named his previous map release in this way in order to avoid that from happening. He wanted to guarantee that none of the textures would be changed by other maps.

we have this problem also , tits sometimes  looks like players are green..

plus for somes i have yellow and black textures and no text for textures missing when you open the console, is the mod can interfere also : thats i dont know but maybe custom skins pk3 might interfere also ?

Wolfie You mean for etmain your et folder or the server ftp and what is  the OnKleBob map name?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

the problem is when folks use textures in their maps and then give them the same directory as the original textures. If you then publish a map that refers to original textures (means you don‘t include them in your pk3 because they are already in the pak1-3 files in etmain) then the new map can‘t distinguish between the different identical maps and gets screwed up. Any pk3 is like an addition to the pak1-3 files. So any new map reads all pak and pk3 files to find the texture needed.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Any news on the test phase of radar_tank_b1? Apart from that, I‘m working on a new version of railgun. This is going to be an axis attack truck version with quite a lot of landscape changes. I put the Fueldump fortress in this map, which fits beautifully to the new objectives. No train anymore, but a truck needs to be escorted to bring ammunition to the railgun. But this time, allies are defending the Fueldump fortress :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/24/2021 at 5:00 PM, kate said:

Wolfie You mean for etmain your et folder or the server ftp and what is  the OnKleBob map name?

I mean for your 'etmain' folder on your computer, Kate, also the server 'etmain' folder too. I can't remember Bob's particular map, but instead of the map being named something such as, map.pk3, it was named, z_map.pk3, which placed it, alphabetcally, after all the other maps in your 'etmain' folder.

On 6/24/2021 at 7:19 PM, Teuthis said:

I‘m working on a new version of railgun. This is going to be an axis attack truck version with quite a lot of landscape changes. I put the Fueldump fortress in this map, which fits beautifully to the new objectives. No train anymore, but a truck needs to be escorted to bring ammunition to the railgun. But this time, allies are defending the Fueldump fortress :)

Awesome, Teuthis, it sounds amazing. I'm really looking forward to seeing it.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...