Any anime fans or viewer?

Tutox

• Ets|Members

I like to watch some anime in my spare time, and i was wondering if any of you like it too. If so, what animes do you like? I have watched a lot in my life, but now i think i like the ones that are more center in just comedy.

Personally i recommend these:

- Kimetsu no Yaiba

- Konosuba

- Kangoku Gakuen

- Boku no Hero

- Hajime no Ippo

Do you have an anime that you can suggest me?

• Ets|Members
3 hours ago, kate said:

Dont sure what are these anime , Japan anime ?

i watched a lot the cartoon in the past 

Kate, its the japanese style of animation. I dont know if you ever saw Saint Seiya, Dragon Ball or Sailor Moon, those where iconic 80's 90's anime, that was aired in a lot of tv stations from arround the world

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Tutox said:

Kate, its the japanese style of animation. I dont know if you ever saw Saint Seiya, Dragon Ball or Sailor Moon, those where iconic 80's 90's anime, that was aired in a lot of tv stations from arround the world

I know my oldest brother watched Dragon Ball and read the books aswell ,he mights still have the books at  the house

• Ets|Members

Yes Dragon ball is also anime. Even moomin(s) is anime, I mention moomins because it was broadcast throughout Europe in the 90s.

Just any cartoon produced in Japan is called anime, but in general it refers more to their animation style. It should be noted that anime can have much more adult themes and is also targeted towards older audiences, not just kids. It enjoys a higher standing than cartoons do here.

Yeah anime fan here. Your list doesn't seem to have a trend in it.

Only comedy recommendation (check out: Gintama) maybe that is to your liking. General recommendation would be:

• Space brothers
  • Planetes
  • full metal alchemist (brotherhood)

The first two are two animes about space, I picked these because they have very little anime tropes in there.  Perhaps therefore more accessible to first time anime viewers. The third is just a very good anime.

Check out MAL (myanimelist.net) for currently airing anime:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/season

and all time rankings:

https://myanimelist.net/topanime.php?limit=0

Will definitely help you find new anime. The way I judge the grades:

below 5,5 probably very poor, you should defintely really like the premise.

5,5-7 you should like the premise and it can be nice

7-8 very nice worth checking premise and in doubt might be worth checking

>8 if premise is really not to your liking probably not worth watching. Otherwise it's probably great

• Moderators

Dragon Ball Z.... That one I remember, on MTV during the '90...
Goku, Vegeta come to mind. All else I forgot....

Beavis and Butthead were also on MTV during that period.
Does that count as a form of American anime? Because it was brilliant...!
(Is there a finer definition of Anime?)

• Ets|Members
11 hours ago, Bier said:

(Is there a finer definition of Anime?)

No, not really. Just geolocked really not style or anything, wiki: "Anime is hand-drawn and computer animation originating from Japan. In Japan and in Japanese, anime describes all animated works, regardless of style or origin.However, outside of Japan and in English, anime is colloquial for Japanese animation and refers specifically to animation produced in Japan. Animation produced outside of Japan with similar style to Japanese animation is referred to as anime-influenced animation "

• Ets|Members
19 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Yes Dragon ball is also anime. Even moomin(s) is anime, I mention moomins because it was broadcast throughout Europe in the 90s.

Just any cartoon produced in Japan is called anime, but in general it refers more to their animation style. It should be noted that anime can have much more adult themes and is also targeted towards older audiences, not just kids. It enjoys a higher standing than cartoons do here.

Yeah anime fan here. Your list doesn't seem to have a trend in it.

Only comedy recommendation (check out: Gintama) maybe that is to your liking. General recommendation would be:

• Space brothers
  • Planetes
  • full metal alchemist (brotherhood)

The first two are two animes about space, I picked these because they have very little anime tropes in there.  Perhaps therefore more accessible to first time anime viewers. The third is just a very good anime.

Check out MAL (myanimelist.net) for currently airing anime:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/season

and all time rankings:

https://myanimelist.net/topanime.php?limit=0

Will definitely help you find new anime. The way I judge the grades:

below 5,5 probably very poor, you should defintely really like the premise.

5,5-7 you should like the premise and it can be nice

7-8 very nice worth checking premise and in doubt might be worth checking

>8 if premise is really not to your liking probably not worth watching. Otherwise it's probably great

Dude, full metal alchemist (brotherhood) was a masterpiece, so good, thanks for theinfo from MAL. i will check it out