Open Club  ·  8 members

covid 19

vaccine

kate

• Moderators

I'm not going to be the first in line for sure.

We had something like this in 2009 with the Mexican Flu/Swine Flu epidemic.
The vaccine they then whipped up in a short time was later connected to many cases of Narcolepsy with kids.
We did not have ourselves and our kids vaccinated then because it just didn't feel right, which seemed the better choice later on...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcolepsy   (H1N1 vaccine part)

We have to wait months till oldest peepz, people who work in healthcare,police, etc. wil have their vaccin. If its not reliable we'll know.

I was tested yesterday cauze 1 of my employees was tested positive. I was negative, so no worries for me now.

Suppose I had my vaccin, no need to test at all. Also no issue that I can infect other people in my neighbourhood.

About side effects: All of medicines have sideeffects. Just read the manual of paracetamol ...........  There is no medicine without sideeffects. Just a matter of how many people are getting this sideeffects. Years ago I was a Purchasing manager of the non prescription medicines. My suplliers all told me how good their products were, but also there could be sideeffects. They are all written on the piece of paper which is packed in any package of the medicine.

The Mexican flue vaccin: There was indeed proved, that it cauzed Narcolepsy for children (not many, but still terrible) .Children wont get this vaccin

So yes as soon as I can get it I'll show my upperarm.

• Ets|Members
5 hours ago, Bier said:

I'm not going to be the first in line for sure.

We had something like this in 2009 with the Mexican Flu/Swine Flu epidemic.
The vaccine they then whipped up in a short time was later connected to many cases of Narcolepsy with kids.
We did not have ourselves and our kids vaccinated then because it just didn't feel right, which seemed the better choice later on...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcolepsy   (H1N1 vaccine part)

I did not know that. I looked stuff up but its just too much to figure it out. :(

What was new for me is that some vaccines are apparently so-called adjuvunated, additives that should enhance the performance.

• Ets|Members

I'll get the vaccine.  However, I'm behind so many other priority groups that it will take many months before I can receive it.

At least I'll be able to see if there are any issues.

I'm taking a COVID test tomorrow because I may have been exposed.  :/

• Administrators
6 hours ago, gobbler said:

I'll get the vaccine.  However, I'm behind so many other priority groups that it will take many months before I can receive it.

At least I'll be able to see if there are any issues.

I'm taking a COVID test tomorrow because I may have been exposed.  :/

what are the priority groups where you live ?

• Ets|Members
17 hours ago, kate said:

what are the priority groups where you live ?

1. Healthcare workers

2. Elderly in nursing homes or long term care facilities

3. Essential workers (I'm here, but probably not high on the list)

Although I go into the office every day, I don't get exposed to many people.  Well, other than the co-worker that came in during the window of possible incubation.  :/