• Administrators

Closed for 4 weeks again

F9520444-C24D-48CD-BB68-62893C72662E.jpeg

• Administrators

Yes very sad, damn covid

• Staff

I've been working from home since march. I'm going to work some times, but not much. Covid-19 is just making everything harder for most of us

• Staff
6 hours ago, Tutox said:

I've been working from home since march. I'm going to work some times, but not much. Covid-19 is just making everything harder for most of us

Hope that you, and everyone who's in a similar setting, can hang in there and you can stay sane.

• Staff

It will be a good time to watch movies about zombies and viruses :)

• Staff
14 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Hope that you, and everyone who's in a similar setting, can hang in there and you can stay sane.

Thanks! It has been a little bit difficult, especially not being able to visit more often, your family, just calling them, but it´s not the same

• Like 1
  • Administrators

i think same if we are closed we can still stay in contact with family via internet now many can use their camera to see the persons they love and wich ones are far from where you live

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

closures are happening to my area again, this virus and the god damned idiot politicians that run the united states need to go.

• kate pinned this topic
  • Administrators

Still a pain here, the government said one day something and the next day other thing

but atm is very difficult to can vaccine our parents

• Confused 1
  • MAPS and BOTFILES at ETS

HI KATE.

Thank you for your interest:PROFSoldier01:.

I am not bothered by the first astra zenica vaccine injection, my wife has a headache and a heavy feeling in her thighs.

But that is now also a bit better :indifferent0021:.

We get the second astra zenica spray May 20 :classic_wink:.

How did it end for you, you had to call for it :classic_huh:?

• Like 1
  • Administrators

i will fone this afternoon to a center where we live to try to can have  an appointement

• Confused 1
  • Staff

I wish you the best of luck.

• Sad 1
  • Administrators

still nothing we can do here i posted a message to our Mayor

• Confused 1
  • Staff

Here in Chile the vaccination process has been very fast and efficient, You get the first vaccine, and then you have to wait 2 weeks for the second one. The calendar that the goverment has schedule, goes from the older people to the younger ones, so i still have to wait a few more months to get the vaccine.

• Thanks 1
  • Administrators

Here today we could have the parents added to a list at the medic cabinet but when the vaccins we don’t know... plus at the TV now they said the vaccins will be this week for the pharmacy and not for medics, we never saw a so bad emergency management 

• Confused 1
  • MAPS and BOTFILES at ETS
HI KATE.

And have you heard about your vaccine injection ?
Or is it still waiting and there is no clarity about when it is your turn .

Kind regards jack.
  • Administrators
12 minutes ago, kyrbj said:
HI KATE.

And have you heard about your vaccine injection ?
Or is it still waiting and there is no clarity about when it is your turn .

Kind regards jack.

we have to wait a fone call for our parents and for us not date fixed to can be vaccined yet

• Confused 1

sad to think of all that has stopped because of this . i see all of my family and have all along only put mask on in stores when i have to . towing cars and police towing with people in my tuck i dont wear a mask . this is only bad to a small group of people they need precautions . death comes in many forms you cant run from it apply common sense and live your life!!! most of the listed dead from covid were dying from 2 or more other things and this was the nail in the coffin. its awful but not gonna save anyones life  wearing a stupid mask. im in massachusetts  usa . numbers dont make any sense most came from nursing homes that didnt track and isolate covid patients from others. the people i know that were told they had it were sick similar as they have been before many times . ones that were sick as hell for days were told they didnt have it . i think you have to be a special kinda stupid to think they can cure this with a vaccine in a year but the flu and other virisus  nothing stops them they keep coming back.   live your life use your head  apply  common sense .believe nothing you hear and question everything you see.  just my thoughts . you do you ill do me!!

• Confused 3
  • Staff

Ok, this goes straight to my collection of the stupidest things I've ever read.

• Thanks 2
  • 2 weeks later...

sit back and let history show me right or wrong . we have states that never locked down . the virus is  not proven to be spread less by lockdowns  over 99%survival rate. im not telling anyone anything other than what i see and live . the numbers just dont make any sense from state to state. and the govt cant keep theyre story straight . it is im sure different in other places but the us  is making shit up as they go . and luis  as for being the stupidest thing you read. go fuck yourself you peice of shit!!!  if you dont agree you can just say so. but stupid is far from what i am lol.    im nothing but nice . and resent you with your comment but it shows the kinda person you are dont worry i see it.

• Staff

What childish behavior.
It is a good idea to ignore it.

• Staff

Guys,

Shit is already polarized enough as it is.
Let's not draw the outside world misery into our fantasy ET world.
There is debate enough going on in real life, so please add your contribution there. I bet you have much better reach! :-)

• Staff

In reply to your comments, Rico.

sad to think of all that has stopped because of this .

I fully agree with this, nobody is happy about this.

i see all of my family and have all along only put mask on in stores when i have to . towing cars and police towing with people in my tuck i dont wear a mask .

As long as you wear a mask when you interact or are in proximity of people it's fine.

this is only bad to a small group of people they need precautions.

This is just not true, there is a group of people who is at risk. Yet healthy people have been struck down and some are still recuperating after months.

death comes in many forms you cant run from it apply common sense and live your life!!!

Every action has an associated risk that does lead to death. We consider many things as acceptable risks. Yet in society, both yours and mine, we consider putting other people at risk of death due to your own risky behavior, criminal. Eg. drunk driving.

>>

most of the listed dead from covid were dying from 2 or more other things and this was the nail in the coffin. its awful but not gonna save anyones life  wearing a stupid mask.

First you say most, so you handout the death sentence to anyone not belonging to this majority group, because this better suits you. Secondly it's just not true, when both parties wear a mask the transmission possibility is significantly reduced. Meaning less sick people. A portion of these sick people go to the hospital, where they put a strain on the facility. Worst case scenario you force doctors to choose who gets to live. Doctors are ethically bound to treat patients, best they can regardless of their personal conviction.  

>>

im in massachusetts  usa . numbers dont make any sense most came from nursing homes that didnt track and isolate covid patients from others. the people i know that were told they had it were sick similar as they have been before many times . ones that were sick as hell for days were told they didnt have it . i think you have to be a special kinda stupid to think they can cure this with a vaccine in a year but the flu and other virisus  nothing stops them they keep coming back.   

Not sure what your point is here. Using anecdotal evidence to back up your claim is kind of weak. Comparing it to the flu doesn't really hold up. Corona simply has a higher impact, otherwise it wouldn't be news that cooling trucks are besides hospitals because the morgues are overfull. The whole idea of this vaccine is to eliminate this virus from society, because of the damage it does. It's true that it won't prevent any future outbreaks of new viruses. With ever-increasing individual mobility this will keep on happening. That's unfortunately how it is.

live your life use your head  apply  common sense . believe nothing you hear and question everything you see.  

I'm with you if you promote critical thinking, that's fine. If you however say that your gut feeling is just as good as the conclusion of a researcher, you're dead wrong. The researcher who spent countless years on a single subject and is familiar with similar systems and puts the time in to analyze it and publishes it after his/her peers checked the work is just better equiped than you. Science is not a holy truth, science is a way of investigation. The full picture will never be available, the best we can do is present the best picture that is currently available to us. This means that sometimes things change, because new facts come to light. After people have put their time in, discussed it with their colleagues it gets sent off to a journal. The reviewers for these journals are scientists that are in the same field as the author(s), check the work and see if they can draw the same conclusions based on the presented work. If you want to question something, you can look for peer reviewed science and see what experts say.  

just my thoughts . you do you ill do me!!

The exact probleme with this mentality is that you don't decide for yourself, but for others too. At the very least this is selfish, as long as you can do what you want it's all fine.

sit back and let history show me right or wrong . we have states that never locked down . the virus is  not proven to be spread less by lockdowns  

This is simply not true, lockdowns have worked and are working. The only issue how far is a government willing to go. If you go full on autocratic and just lock people in like China did, you can bring numbers down quite quickly. The second problem is enforcement, what to do with unwilling people. Do you patrol everywhere, do you fine people, do you lock them up?

over 99%survival rate. im not telling anyone anything other than what i see and live . the numbers just dont make any sense from state to state. and the govt cant keep theyre story straight . it is im sure different in other places but the us  is making shit up as they go .

I'll grant you that the US has handled this exceptionally poorly, but with the vaccine roll out is making a great comeback. In our country too, they made shit up too. Policy has been all over the place in favor of letting people retain as much freedom as possible.

and luis  as for being the stupidest thing you read. go fuck yourself you peice of shit!!!  if you dont agree you can just say so. but stupid is far from what i am lol.    im nothing but nice . and resent you with your comment but it shows the kinda person you are dont worry i see it.

Besides the choice of words, I stand with Luis. You literally call others "a special kinda stupid" for a certain conviction. Luis just called what you wrote stupid. He said he didn't agree with you, sure in a strong way, but then again your comments have had the same strong undertone to them.

• Like 2
  • Staff

Very good work Napoleon.
I don't think he's the only one to disagree with Rico.

• Staff

Guys, i'm concerned that not all think that this pandemic is real, and that every decicion we make leads to a positive or negative scenario. Today my father called me, very worried and scared, because in Chile we are having a second wave, worst thant the first one. And when i hear him, i recall all the deaths and the sick people we have, come on guys, millions of people are dead because of this. When i read what Rico said about that not all deaths are because of this, sure, maybe not the direct cause, but covid-19 make you body weak, to the point that you can die very easily.

Rico, and all of you guys, just check on google and you will find charts, data, maps, of the situation in your country. For example, i found this data and maps of the USA, that is very good to understand how is everything today:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/transmission/variant-cases.html

And if you want to see the case of Chile, you have this:

https://coronavirus.mat.uc.cl/

Rico, sometimes happened that the people dont take the covid test, so if there is no covid test, of course you wont have data to analyse, and of course you will see less cases. The more covid test people do, more reliable the data will be

• Like 1