Rebirth of Enemy Territory ET2

Tutox

• Ets Probies and Friends

I am happy that I can run current ET without a videocard. seems like this would ask for a videocard.

Maybe I'm wrong in thinking this, by all means let me know. I don't really have a good frame of reference, but  I feel like  having a social setting surrounding one game doesn't really happen anymore. Its been a few years since I played different games, but the feeling I got was that the community nowadays dies out much quicker and moves on to the next game. So even if this project would come to fruition, I wonder if it would last.

• Like 1

• Staff
1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

I am happy that I can run current ET without a videocard. seems like this would ask for a videocard.

Maybe I'm wrong in thinking this, by all means let me know. I don't really have a good frame of reference, but  I feel like  having a social setting surrounding one game doesn't really happen anymore. Its been a few years since I played different games, but the feeling I got was that the community nowadays dies out much quicker and moves on to the next game. So even if this project would come to fruition, I wonder if it would last.

yeah i got you, if the game try to become one of the newest game, it would have to compete in that category, but if it stay like it is, it has his own category

• Like 1

• Ets Probies and Friends
39 minutes ago, Tutox said:

yeah i got you, if the game try to become one of the newest game, it would have to compete in that category, but if it stay like it is, it has his own category

Which category would that be?

If you refer to the current group of players, I wouldnt be so  sure that the current people would just switch, they would have to release a modding tool, which would need to attract an insane amount of attention to even come close to the vast amount of mods and maps available for this game. That would need to happen in the amount of time before the game dies(mainstream loses interest), which might well be within 2 years. 

Sorry for sounding pessimistic or crushing your hopes, but ET was released for free and got a set of tools too. It now has huge amount of stuff to keep it interesting for the current players. Matching this will be hard.

• Like 1

• Staff
14 hours ago, Napoleon said:

It seems it uses the Unreal Engine.
From the comments: So much effort, so much time and then they use unreal engine :'(

So, your milage may vary...

• Staff
13 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Which category would that be?

If you refer to the current group of players, I wouldnt be so  sure that the current people would just switch, they would have to release a modding tool, which would need to attract an insane amount of attention to even come close to the vast amount of mods and maps available for this game. That would need to happen in the amount of time before the game dies(mainstream loses interest), which might well be within 2 years. 

Sorry for sounding pessimistic or crushing your hopes, but ET was released for free and got a set of tools too. It now has huge amount of stuff to keep it interesting for the current players. Matching this will be hard.

Yeah i think that too, maybe i wasn´t too clear. I love ET how it is now, it has became something real awesome to play. I think it would cost too much to compete with games like those found today. That does not mean that I wouldn't like to see the project progress, I always encourage innovations, and I imagine that this group must be highly motivated to achieve it.