French animation

Vixda

• Ets|Members

When I was learning French, I wanted to watch French animation to improve my understanding of the language, and also I watched anime with French subtitles. Recommend me some French animation to continue my improvement in French. (The ones I know are Code Lyoko and Miraculous Ladybug)

716BPbryi8L._RI_.jpg

Edited by Vixda

• 2 weeks later...
  • Ets|Members

I will give you something from my era. It is all aimed at kids, but it also means the bar is a bit lower. They usually exist in multiple european languages:

I'd recommend the human body one, il etait une fois la vie, best intro. If only to listen to intro. It does seems to have good subtitles since they are native and not auto translated as is the case for the rest.

about human body etc

• Like 1

• Ets|Members

Yes, lots of the European cartoon productions  of the 80s and 90s were outsourced to the Japanese. (Like the Moomins, was a collaboration with Dutch people :D. ) Subsequently a lot of these are dubbed in various languages across Europe. Good era for cartoons, the whole 3D animations from 00s always felt off.

Not sure based on your reaction if you already came across the french dubbed Moomins, but that also exists.

Edited by Napoleon