Ongoing Crisis

• Staff

Hey everyone, things aren't going so well right now. My step dad is admitted to the hospital with SEPSIS.

his blood pressure has tanked lately and my mom is with him. he is likely to die.

i'm hoping for the best, but am being prepared for the worst. i just got back home from my (real) dad's house and am right now on standby.

i won't be on ET for some time, things are way too crazy right now. but i always think about you guys, just know i will return. - please pray for us.

• Sad 4

• Staff
12 hours ago, kate said:

any more news from Daniel ?

Hey there, here's an update.

His infection was MRSA, which is an antibiotic resistant disease. it was caused by a sore on his foot that didn't heal right since he is a diabetic. but fortunately he has survived sepsis and has returned home. we are keeping a close eye on him.

as he may be terminally ill, the odds of him surviving another year is not so great as he has a pancreatic mass that appears to be growing. so we'll be doing everything we can to keep him comfortable. there is also a chance that he may get another septic infection at some point.

i have no idea how things will turn out. but i hope for the best.

• Sad 2