Windows 11........Enemy Territory..... any tips?

Built a new PC.   I love it. 

I've used windows 7 for as long as I possibly could. Even though I've copy and pasted my config and now I have a much better cpu and gpu; The game play seems more jittery or laggy.  I'm on the same isp and it's good, 

I don't understand why in game it seems stuttery even though i have steady FPS and better processor, grafix card, etc. 

I don't understand how it can feel so different.

Is there any Window 11 users who had same issues?

• Staff

I run windows 11 and i did have the same question you had about the performance in games. Bad performance in anything should not be possible on my pc.

The link is to download Microsoft process explorer included in the Sysinternals Suite FROM MICROSOFT. It shows what is running or loaded on the PC and much much much more.

Get Sysinternals Suite - Microsoft Store

4 hours ago, aSHI0k. said:

I've used windows 7 for as long as I possibly could. Even though I've copy and pasted my config and now I have a much better cpu and gpu; The game play seems more jittery or laggy.  I'm on the same isp and it's good, 

I don't understand why in game it seems stuttery even though i have steady FPS and better processor, grafix card, etc. 

I don't understand how it can feel so different.

Is there any Window 11 users who had same issues?

I do not remember everything I did, but turn off x-box crap, turn off talk to PC crap.

Windows 10-11 has too much background crap running or loaded into memory. Try to figure out what is not needed and remove it or set it not to start or load with windows.

To run windows 10 or 11, I would recommend a Minimum of : :  8G mem and 4 cpu's and a 128G solid state drive to install windows on.

Windows 10-11 are VERY cpu & memory intensive. I installed and have windows 10 running on 3 different duel core laptops each with min 4G mem but they do not have the required PHYSICAL hardware to install windows 11. They run windows 10 but slow and sluggish. But they do stream HBOMAX very well. LOL

download.png

• Administrators

Sysinternals Suite is a bundle of the Sysinternals utilities including Process Explorer, Process Monitor, Sysmon, Autoruns, ProcDump, all of the PsTools, and many more. The Sysinternals website was created in 1996 by Mark Russinovich to host his advanced system utilities and technical information. Whether you’re an IT pro or a developer, you’ll find Sysinternals utilities to help you manage, troubleshoot, and diagnose your Windows systems and applications. The suite includes AccessChk, AccessEnum, ADExplorer, ADInsight, ADRestore, Autologon, Autoruns, BGInfo, CacheSet, ClockRes, Contig, Coreinfo, CPU Stress, DebugView, Desktops, Disk2vhd, DiskExt, DiskMon, DiskView, DU (Disk Usage), EFSDump, FindLinks, Handle, Hex2dec, Junction, ListDLLs, LiveKd, LoadOrder, LogonSessions, MoveFile, NotMyFault, NTFSInfo, PendMoves, PipeList, ProcDump, Process Explorer, Process Monitor, PsExec, PsFile, PsGetSid, PsInfo, PsKill, PsList, PsLoggedOn, PsLogList, PsPasswd, PsPing, PsService, PsShutdown, PsSuspend, RamMap, RDCMan, RegDelNull, Regjump, RU (Registry Usage), SDelete, ShareEnum, ShellRunas, Sigcheck, Streams, Strings, Sync, Sysmon, TCPView, Testlimit, VMMap, VolumeID, WhoIs, WinObj, and ZoomIt.

• Moderators

I'll ride out Windows 10 as long as possible.
Got it under control now so I will sit it out till 11 has reached the same stability, and there is a fix for being forced to create a Microsoft account.

• Staff

All versions of Windows after Windows 7 are just UTTER GARBAGE (Except Windows 8.1). i'm still holding out on Windows 7, and i managed to hack the updates to get ESU until next January.

but as long as i am still using this toshiba laptop, it's sticking to Windows 7.

Windows 10 and 11 will have shit performance on ET because the OS is made to run modern programs, ET was made for Windows NT4/98/ME/2000/XP so obviously it won't run that well on the current Windows versions so you'd probably be better off with ET Legacy.

if you are dedicated with vanilla et, you can still get better performance by installing it into "C:\Games\WolfET" instead of the default directories, no "Run as administrator" necessary! also make sure your ET is patched to 2.60b with the Masterlist patch. you can get a pre-patched 2.60b ET here: https://www.splashdamage.com/games/wolfenstein-enemy-territory/

and the masterlist patch here:

but there isn't much you can do with improving vanilla performance, it's just the way it is.

• Staff

Performance is not bad - If your PC have enough resources and you set up your new fancy video card correctly to play Enemy Territory, ROFL - turn off alot of NEW shit and change many default settings for the game Enemy territory specifically. You want all the new fancy stuff on your video card for all New games BUT not Enemy Territory or DOOM's, RTCW's, Duke nukem, etc  I own them all. Each has its own setting requirements, they are not the same for every RTCW or doom, etc.

• Like 1

I appreciate all of the help.

I'm sad to say I might be keeping my old (11 year old) PC around and I guess just replug when I want to play ET, and replug when I play COD. Kinda dumb, but I can't get the stuttering out of ET on win11 and really don't like starting over on legacy.  I turned all of the bull sh*t off on win 11. Changed compatibility modes.....running admin...I give up. You guys are right, new games run pretty sweet...... or do they?  I still got my win7 disc......Just didn't install a CD drive, lol.

Hope you guys are enjoying the influx from steam. I wish this would have happened years ago, but !cheers to new life!